Sunday, November 11, 2018

Chip gets stuck in Doha

My sister warned me that trips like these do not go as planned. My first “adventure” came earlier than expected. As I was about to get on the plane to Sri Lanka, the nice man at the ticket desk said my visa was just an application, not an approved visa. Try as I might to explain that I was told I could submit it upon arrival, the answer was no. The plane left without me.

I’ll spare the details but make a note to yourself, Qatar adaptors are different than Indian ones and the Qatar duty free store no longer sells SIM cards or prepaid phone cards.

So I have three days in Qatar I did not plan for while the new Visa is processed. Such is life, right? Could be so much worse.






1 comment:

  1. Yay! Adventure! I can only imagine the scene at the airline counter.

    ReplyDelete