Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Thanksgiving and Dev Diwali

Because of my trip to Varanasi, I will be away for Thanksgiving this year.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday - for the food and the family - so it will be hard to be away. Just thinking about missing Thanksgiving has reminded me how grateful I am for my family and friends.

also . . . .

it just so happens that a huge holiday called Dev Diwali will be celebrated in Varanasi on the same say as Thanksgiving (November 22).  It is a festival of lights honoring Lord Shiva.

While I enjoy the thousands of oil lamps lining the Ganges, I will be thinking of (and missing) all of you.


3 comments:

  1. Happy Dev Diwali, Chip. We are thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll have an extra pickled okra for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m thankful for you, Chip. Go find the light, my friend!

    ReplyDelete